Our Schools Library Service
We believe that the library should be the heart of the school.
We work with school librarians across Bedfordshire so we know that, as the role evolves, it can be difficult to keep up-to-date with the latest books and make choices for your pupils.
Rogan’s Books works in partnership with school libraries, offering help and advice, to reduce the work involved.
We work with every leading publisher in the country, so we have already filtered the huge range on offer. We hand-select the key titles best suited to your library, including:
- Confident and fluid readers;
- Special educational needs;
- Non-fiction; and
- Reluctant readers.
Whether you are looking to build up a new school library, or just looking for advice on filling specific gaps or boosting a current selection, our service makes creating a first-rate library easier than ever.
We want to help you create a library that promotes a love of books, encouraging your students to develop a love of reading!
For a minimum order of £250, this service is non-chargeable. For more details, call us on 07701 097361, or email email@example.com
We work with schools across Bedfordshire, hosting events and activities designed to inspire a love of reading. We bring the UK’s leading names in children’s fiction to Bedfordshire’ schools, as well as offering a full bookselling service, giving your pupils the lasting memory of a signed book.
To date we have welcomed Children’s Laureate Chris Riddell, Cressida Cowell, Kes Gray, Steve Cole, AF Harrold, David Litchfield, Ross Montgomery, Julia Jarman, Robin Stevens, James Nicol, Steve Smallman, Sibéal Pounder, Helen Moss, Guy Bass and Paula Harrison, and we have a busy schedule planned for the next year.
Schools can select one of two options: these events are delivered free of charge for a minimum book order of £175. Alternatively, schools can source the books themselves – in this case, an arrangement fee of £175 is charged. Full T&Cs apply*. To join the events mailing list email firstname.lastname@example.org
World Book Day
Looking for something a bit different for your next World Book Day? How about a class visit to a children’s bookshop? We host 30 minute sessions where we talk to pupils about books, reading, writing and a general love of the written word. For maximum impact we suggest bringing groups of 15 at a time.
INSET Day Workshops
Rachael now offers a range of talks, workshops and activity sessions designed to get you thinking about literacy in a different way. Learn about the future of children’s reading, what’s new in publications of all levels, and share best practice.
- Schools can select one of two options: these events are delivered free of charge for a minimum book order of £175. Alternatively, schools can source the books themselves – in this case, an arrangement fee of £175 is charged. Books will be available to purchase for a reduced event price.
- Orders must reach the shop two weeks before the event takes place (unless otherwise agreed); any orders received after this deadline cannot be guaranteed.
- It is the responsibility of the school to collect monies and raise one cheque, made payable to R Rogan, to be sent with the order. Alternatively, payment can be made via BACS.
- It is the school’s responsibility to check and distribute orders to pupils; if pupils are absent it is the responsibility of the school to ensure the books are signed by the author and retained for the pupil.
- Rogan’s Books may have additional books available to purchase on the day at full RRP, which can then be signed by the author.
- We cannot guarantee that orders placed after the author event will be signed, as we will hold limited stock.